Your smile is important to your appearance and making great first impressions. We all desire a bright and beautiful smile, which has put cosmetic dental services in high demand. Porcelain dental veneers are among the most popular of those services because they are relatively inexpensive and make it possible to fix a wide range of cosmetic issues across multiple teeth.
Veneers are wafer-thin shells that are bonded to a single tooth or multiple teeth in order to improve your smile aesthetic. Many veneers are made of porcelain, which is durable and can be custom-made to your smile: color, size, shape. Once that thin porcelain layer has been perfected, your dentist will bond it to your teeth and polish it for a look that is both attractive and natural. With that in mind, let us consider the top 10 reasons you should select porcelain veneers for your teeth.
- Pain-Free – Some people fear the dentist because of an oft-exaggerated mental picture of the discomfort they will endure. Modern dentistry is usually pain-free, however, and having veneers installed absolutely is!
- Fast and Simple – Some restorative and cosmetic dental treatments require weeks and even months. Getting results requires a plan, and you need to return to your dentist multiple times. Porcelain veneers are not those treatments! You will need just one visit in most cases, and it is not unusual for a person to visit his or her dentist, get a smile makeover and return to work or school the very next day.
- Whiter and More Natural-Looking Teeth – Teeth whitening treatments are available but not appropriate for all. If you are not a candidate, prefer an alternative, or tried whitening and were underwhelmed by the results, veneers are an excellent choice. Veneers provide beautifully white teeth that are indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Stain-Resistant – Porcelain is not the only veneer material available, but its ability to resist stains is among the reasons it is the most popular. Porcelain has a smooth and nonporous surface that is further enhanced for stain resistance during the manufacturing process. Be mindful that porcelain veneers are not stain-proof. You should continue visiting your dentist for regular cleanings and limit eating foods and drinking beverages that can discolor them.
- Durability – Porcelain veneers should last as long as 15 years and can last as long as 25, which makes them an excellent investment. Achieving maximum lifespan requires consistently good oral hygiene at home but also visiting your dentist on a regular basis so that he or she can examine the veneers, clean them, and make any required adjustments.
- Disguise Chips and Other Imperfections – If you have a tooth or multiple teeth that have chipped, cracked, broken, or have other damage or natural imperfections, veneers are a great way to hide those flaws. Veneers can even correct symptoms that arise from damaged teeth, such as speech impediments and difficulties chewing.
- Close Gaps – Gapped teeth are among the most common reasons people seek cosmetic dental treatments, and veneers are a great option for this. When designing your veneer, whether it involves a single tooth or multiple teeth, your dentist just needs to make it a bit wider in order to close the gap.
- Correct Crooked and Misshapen Teeth – If you have crooked or otherwise mishappen teeth—whether it occurred naturally or due to an accident—you can correct them without the high costs and months of orthodontic treatments. It usually takes just one or two visits to correct these kinds of problems with dental veneers.
- Improve Your Bite – Teeth straightening is not the only way to improve your bite. Porcelain veneers affect not only your appearance but the form and function of your teeth, and many dentists recommend veneers for minor bite adjustment rather than resorting to braces, aligners, or similarly more invasive options.
- Multiple Corrections in a Single Go – You may be dealing with multiple issues, and dental veneers let you correct all of them in a single treatment that often requires just one visit and rarely more than two. This is among the top reasons that porcelain veneers are a go-to option when planning smile makeovers!
Schedule Your Smile Makeover
If you have an imperfect smile, porcelain veneers are a fast, simple, and cost-effective way to improve it. Jeffrey D. Clark, DDS, is a leading cosmetic dentist with many years of experience helping people achieve beautiful and natural-looking smiles with dental veneers. Ready to transform your smile? Make your appointment with Dr. Jeff at Scottsdale Cosmetic Dentistry Excellence today. Call us at 480 585 1853.