07 Jun TMJ Therapy by Your Dentist in Scottsdale AZ
TMJ syndrome (temporomandibular joint syndrome, sometimes called temporomandibular joint disorder, or TMD) is a disorder that includes pain in the temporomandibular joint, the joint that connects the jaw to the skull.
Common causes of TMJ syndrome are:
- Bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching)
- Increased stress
- Crooked (misaligned) teeth
- A bad bite (occlusal) relationship of the upper and lower teeth
Dr. Jeffrey D. Clark, your dentist in Scottsdale AZ, will help you alleviate your pain and restore your smile to optimal function by diagnosing your symptoms and recommending TMJ therapy.
Common symptoms of TMJ disorder include:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Facial pain
- Uncomfortable biting and chewing
- Dizziness and ringing in the ears
- Tooth wear and teeth grinding
- Clicking or popping sounds in the jaw joint
- Pain in the ear, neck, and shoulders
TMJ treatment at Scottsdale Dental Excellence may include:
- Restorative dentistry (to build and correct the bite)
- A night guard to prevent bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching)
- Lifestyle changes
- Tension-relief exercises and focused facial relaxation
We invite you to call or visit us at Scottsdale Dental Excellence to learn more about TMJ/headache therapy and how we can help you live free from pain. We are dedicated to improving your health!